Having a great day yesterday and hitting the bed early last night I woke up at 5.30am. Wondering what can be done at this hour just felt like going to juhu for a long walk but needed someone to join me. The only person that bears at any given hour of the day, I called up Tashi. I went and picked her up from kandivli and went to juhu. Was an awesome drive with some good music on. I know she was petrified with it.
We walked thru the beach from royal plams till way beyond sun-n-sand. Just silently walking thru the wet sand. People on jog, refreshing themselves with nariyal pani n some fresh carrot, beet, amla juices and wht not on the beach.. man there is business at juhu 6.30 am in the morning. I was surprised to hear that these stalls start by 5.30 in the morning. Laughter clubs, couples, children, granpa’s and granma’s all charged up.
After troubling Tashi early morning had to do a few things her way. We headed to KEM hospital to her lab and more to my surprise my punishment to wake her up so early that I had to travel by train. That was something I really would not go for, but being with this stubborn chick I boarded the train n almost felt suffocating only after which I realized that this is the life every working man lives here in Mumbai.
After making me work like a servant in her lab which I did not dare to refuse we headed to Marine Drive for lunch. I wanted to avoid the train again but it was boss’s call but this time the train was quite empty so I enjoyed the ride standing at the door which she insisted on. Marine Drive as beautiful as ever, cleaner than before with some really good food joints.
Just with walk the talk along the drive we reached chowpatty without realizing that moved on a bit far off. With irresistible urge of tashi to have kulfi at chowpatty we had it and headed to Bandra for some street shopping with the master of bargaining, she made my pockets go light. After all it was a day out with her and reached home late evening with a few friends waiting.
We decided to go out for dinner n then catch up with some movie. After waiting for a table for an hour outside Radha Krishna we managed to walk out at around 10 and decided to go to Chandan for a movie stuck in traffic at this hour. We reached the theatre n guess what it’s an 11.00 pm housefull show of bhagam bhag and we had to buy tickets in black (I wasn’t expecting to buy tickets in black for 11 pm show). After the movie Ms. Tashi wants to have ice cream 1.30 in the night (I really wonder how y always she feels like eating ice cream in middle of the night). I really lost my head on her demand for which she yelled back and took us to naturals ice cream and I was surprised to see it open at this hour. Finally we all had ICE CREAM and we head back home…
Wondering y the hell did I put my day out here but I guess it was all about Mumbai. Not even for a moment I felt tht I have missed a thing that I have had in the US. Mumbai definitely is a city that never sleeps, right from the early morning till wee hours at night, it’s a lively place. Given some high standard infrastructure and civil management, it’s a city that can give a tough competition to any of the happening cities in the world. Its not only about the city but the people – The Mumbaikars who live upto the spirits of Mumbai.
It Rocks !!!!!
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment