Friday, December 29, 2006

Blaa…. really don’t know wht will I land up writing

After 21 yrs of stay in India, 4 yrs in the US and coming back after 2 yrs just made me realize what I m going to miss staying in LA. A nice simple day. Mom and Tashi arguing in the kitchen on whoz going to cook and what. Our Bengali neighbour, aunty cooked fish curry and rice for me which I love.

Mom n tashi were discussing something in a way that pulled my attention. Guess what they were busy doing, trying to figure out what kind of a girl will I want to settle down with. And soon the question was passed on to me. The immediate answer that came onto my mind was, a blend of mom and tashi. In this pst 8 yrs therez a strange bond that thay have . Anything they want to get it done from me, they are one n you are left with no option or ne1 to take ur side.

This thought made me think, what my life wud have been without these two women. Mom who I love the most and she is always with me, and Tashi who came into my life as a stranger and in no time became an indispensable part of my life – My best friend, a poetic philosopher, my teacher to life and my kid sis who always wanted an elder bro on whom she can throw tantrums. And she has one….

The feeling of losing them is scary. The thought that scared me the most – A man that will come in her life - Tashi’s marriage. For the first time I was jealous, babes I really am. I am so used o her that reads me in and out. My voice tells her everything abt me. I would no longer could do dadagiri that I used to do, and therez a list of things I m going to miss – morning tea, cold coffee, food, the music we share, the long talks, your bhashan on what I should be doing, the head and shoulder massage ( shez gifted with healing hands that drives off all stress and pain.. I swear to god on this) and above all; the times that I make her cry.

Though I am the elder one, she has been the one making me do the rght things. Have seen her go through a few things that has taken a lot from her. Yet the way she’z fought back and led her life with such dignity and pride. I salute her for it, wonder how many girls could have pulled it off the way she did. Really happy to see the way she has moved on.

Today with lot of pride, popularity and attention both in social as well as professional life, she deserves all that she has today. Just a thought that kills me inside, will she ever allow the cupid to strike her again!!! I will wait and pray for the day when all over again she will have someone who would sweep her off her feet . I know it would sound bias but being a guy I can definitely say, a guy would never ask for anything more after having a partner, a friend and a darling like her !!!! Love you
Three cheers to you… you are the one that I can call – Woman of Substance !!!!

No comments: